Re: Hard disk makes?

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 07:57:50AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I'm going to head to Frys and look for a new disk for my Toshiba
> 2805-S302.  The machine came with a 20GB drive, but I find online
> sites selling 80GB drives for that laptop -- so I assume that large of
> a drive will work.
>
> Any recommendations on which brands to use (or avoid)?

I researched this pretty exhaustively before I bought larger drives
for 2 laptops (Thinkpad 600E and Dell 8600).  I got Hitachi 80G
drives, 5400 rpm.  The 5400 rpm drives were a good compromise of
speed, power consumption and price. 7200 rpms are faster and cost
more.  Everything I read prior to buying said that Hitachis are
good drives.  No problems so far.

A.