Re: [T41] Matching APM functionnalities with ACPI

Hi,

A follow-up with some problems solved (and how to solve them, for the
archive), as well as one pending issue (almost a show-stopper for me).

Daniel Déchelotte a écrit :

> With /etc/acpi/events/lid and /etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh from
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_acpid, suspend to RAM
> seems to be back, although *there is no power-on password* anymore,
  (on resuming)

Can anyone confirm this is an APM-only feature? Or any way to have the
password work with ACPI ? Any insight on why it is so ? I am concerned
not to have it anymore.

> Next : the [Fn] key. [...]

That can be found on thinkwiki, but I think it is not too much to recall
it here: one needs to issue
 echo enabled > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
(one would have guessed)
*and*
 echo 0xffff  > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
(how about that ?!)
to have Fn-F5 and others captured and handeld by acpid.

All the best.

--
Daniel Déchelotte
                  http://yo.dan.free.fr/