Re: Dell latitude

Looks like it's not the same problem. We were discussing (and, AFAIC,
much more recently than years ago) about a shitty non-image bar on top
of the screen when you swiched from/to an external screen without
restarting your X server. Personnally, I run an Inspiron 510m.
Maybe you can be more acurate in your explanation, so that somebody
can help you ?
Regards,
JB