Re: experience with Radeon Mobility 9700

Hi Lars,

> Earlier i've tried to get my Radeon Mobility 9700 to work and failed.
> But i'm planing to give it another try. I'm still
> not sure that the 9700 is prober suported for Xfree86 4.3. According to
> the front page
> on this site it's not:
> http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html
> But the driver claims that it suports the 9700:
> http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-supported.txt
> And this guy:
> http://www.stanchina.net/~flavio/debian/fglrx-archive/msg00164.html
>
> So what to choose..?! Have anyone a prober installation with
> multi-monitor and tv-out on Xfree?

I use the same Radeon with X.Org. It works very well. But there is only
one problem for me and this doesn't bother me. I have some hints for
installation on my laptop:
http://www.design-to-use.de/index.php?file5=linux/amilo_a1630/radeon9700.php
The link is German, but might help anyway.

Greetings and much luck!

Toby