Re: X-windows Problems with firefox install connections???

ons, 20 07 2005 kl. 17:38 -0400, skrev Will Ness:
> Hello List!
> I have an old laptop that I installed debian on. After I got help to
> fix my previous apt problem, I went ahead and installed firefox. Now
> my X-windows will not work, and I am hopelessly over my head as to
> why. I have tried remaking the XF86config-4 file, and the end result
> is that i get a screen for 4-5 secs, then it dies. The error msg is
> about mouse control/font issues. I have not foggiest idea of what to
> do now. Any help would be welcome at this point.

> (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice
> 	No such device.
> (EE) Generic Mouse: cannot open input device
> (EE) PreInit failed for input device "Generic Mouse"
> (II) UnloadModule: "mouse"
X actually has nice log messages, the lines starting with (EE) equals
errors, and not just warnings (WW) or information (II) - so the problem
is the mouse device.

You might have to add the psmouse module or some of the event modules.

--
Rasmus Toftdahl Olesen <halfdan@halfdans.net>