Re: Convert emails from KMail, or from Sylpheed

On Monday 18 July 2005 10:48 pm, Joel HATSCH wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:16:16 +0200
>
> Benedek Frank <linux@celifornia.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am sure this isnt a thread that will make people happy, but here it
> > is anyways. I need some of my emails on a Windoze box, so I need to
> > convert it so that Outlook Express can convert it. I have my emails
> > in two computers. One has KMAIL so it is in Maildir format, and the
> > other uses Sylpheed, so it is in Mbox format. Can I export or convert
> > any of these to Outlook Express format? Due to my job, I am required
> > to use at least one machine that runs Windows.
> >
> > Thanks and sorry for the subject
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> I went the other way round, moving from outlook to sylpheed.
>
> AFAIK there's no easy way to move between both worlds. I ended up with
> setting up an IMAP server, moving my mails there, and finally fetching
> them with the other tool.
>
> HTH
>
> Joel

Hi. Yes, I went that way also a few years back, but never thought of going
back ever again, but here it is . ANyways, I may set up an IMAP at home, and
so it will transfer quickly.

Thanks

Benedek

p.s. Of course I am still looking for an easier solution if there is one, like
a script, etc.