Re: segmentation fault at boot

On Monday 14 February 2005 02:49 am, Yves Grenier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed debian sarge (with debian installer rc2) on an Asus
> Travelmate 4001LMi. I tried both 2.4 and 2.6 kernel. In both cases, I
> obtain a segmentation fault. The error message is:
> /etc/rcS.d/S36discover: line 176: 682 Segmentation fault modprobe $MODULE
> Skipping unavailable/built-in usb_uhci module
> <6>usbcore: registered new driver usbfs
> usbcore: registered new driver hub
> spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7.
>
> After this line, the boot stops.
>
> I installed debian with boot options: linux26
> debian-installer/framebuffer=false noapic nolapic

I faced exactly the same problem when installing Debian on my Compaq Presario
2203AL notebook. The solution I found was to do a minimal install using the
"woody" cd and then upgrade/install everything using the net through apt.
There seems to be some bug in the rc scripts.

rrs
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT -- http://www.researchut.com