Re: Debian GNU/Linux (especially testing release) IBM laptop proposal

Ali Servet Donmez wrote:
Hi there,

I'm not so patient on how to recognize my hardware on
Linux kernel based systems, specially a non-working
installation makes me sick. So i'm about the change ny
HP Compaq nx5000 (Windows pre-installed version) to a
IBM Thinkpad. Here i'm writing down some required
properties for my (new) laptop in order to priority.
If any of you guys knows any model working well with
Debian GNU/Linux (especially testing release) please
write me down:

  - Max. USD$1350 of price

not going to happen unless you find a used one. period.

Beyond that thinkpads just tend to work. I own a x31. I have everything but hardware sleeping functional but I had to use apm. acpi goes very nasty lockups at seemingly random intervals.