Re: Debian vs... ? (was RE: powerbook and debian)

Remember that distros can be merged.

Using Red Hat or Mandrake, I installed using tarball.  Using Debian, I used 'alien' to get RPMs into .deb format, and I still use tarballs.

I believe Alan Cox once used the term "Slackhat" as an example of such hybrids.

My point is: you can pick distro X because you like how it installs, and then still use distro Y's upgrade strategies.

Personally, I'd still say the best support site for Linux is www.tldp.org, the Linux Documentation Project.