Re: Anyone using Prism54?

Bill Moseley wrote:
> I ended up installing 2.6.9 and configuring like above.  I also had
> to add to my /ete/network/interfaces the following:
>
>     mapping hotplug
>             script echo
>
> and then eth1 comes up automatically at boot on on card insertion (I
> already had a eth1 stanza setup for wireless).

Bill, does your card have a version number on it?  I have just tried
installing a new WG511 card and not had the same luck as you.  On the
back of the card it says v3.0 (tiny letters just under "CE0336").  I
saw someone else had problems with this revision of the card too.

In my case, when the driver loads all right when I plug the card in,
but the firmware load seems to fail when I use ifconfig to bring up
the interface.  This is from dmesg:

  Loaded prism54 driver, version 1.2
  PCI: Enabling device 0000:02:00.0 (0000 -> 0002)
  ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:02:00.0[A] -> GSI 5 (level, low) -> IRQ 5
  eth2: islpci_open()
  eth2: resetting device...
  eth2: uploading firmware...
  eth2: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset...
  eth2: device soft reset timed out
  eth2: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
  eth2: timeout waiting for mgmt response
  eth2: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
  eth2: timeout waiting for mgmt response
  eth2: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
  eth2: timeout waiting for mgmt response
  eth2: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
  eth2: timeout waiting for mgmt response
  eth2: mgmt tx queue is still full
  eth2: mgmt tx queue is still full
  <last line repeated many times>

I have some leads I can follow up, but I just wanted to confirm your
working card was not the exact same revision as mine.

Regards
Grant