Re: ati radeon 9600 problem [SOLUTION]

Hi Ivan Glushkov, *,

Ivan Glushkov wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I was trying to install on my laptop the driver from ati for Ati Radeon
> 9600,  it was unsuccessful, but not that is tyhe main problem. The main
> problem is that it has changed something, and now every time I try to
> "apt-get" some package, I get:
> [...]
Many problems ;)

Don't look at ati's hp how to install the driver. better have a look here:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html

This is a package builder and it works perfectly. Generates diverts, so you
don't have to force anything. Also the documentation is perfect.

Kind Regards
Martin

--
Martin Theiß <mtheiss@neo.wh-stuttgart.de>
GPG-Fingerprint: EC80 53A2 F0A2 6E6C 74D2  CB6E 002A F6D3 E78B 7F45

The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux - TKK 5