Re: solution: documentation packages for each laptop brand

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 11:32, eddyp wrote:

> As the debian installer evolvs, I would recomend installing sarge with
> full cd-s and debian installer (a new version will be released at the
> end of this month). Maybe setting an apt-proxy or a mirror would be a
> good thing....
>
> Autodetection goes very smooth with di, so less configuration is needed.
> OTOH, if you use a broken d-i image then your little apprentices will be
> frustrated and will drop Debian at once.

Sounds like a plan, but I know there are issues with XFree86 4.x,
particularly because some of the video chipsets have been dropped in
favour of the vesa driver, which unfortunately doesn't work well with
some chipsets like the old western digital chipsets in the ThinkPad
755CX.