Re: [OT] Replacement Toshiba batteries

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 10:01:24PM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > That said, I fear I'm going to have to open it again; I
> > could potentially take pictures of each step and put that up
> > somewhere if that can be of any help. (Who knows, maybe that
> > way I'd manage to put all the screws back in).
>
> Yes, that would be very helpful.  My power connector is now failing
> more than working.  Fails right before heading off to OSCON.  (Of
> course, it's more in style to use a Powerbook there.)

Ok I will. Unfortunately I don't think I'll manage to find 2
hours of lab time before OSCON, but hopefully within a
couple of weeks... I also need to think of some more
permanent way to fix it (I am *not* going to do that every 6
months *grr*)

> Do any of the toshiba laptops at http://tuxmobil.org/disassembly_laptop.html
> look the same?

No; Apparently each Toshiba laptop is a brand new design!

Y.