Re: [OT] Replacement Toshiba batteries

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 11:53:28AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Yikes.  After hearing that I'll ask something too general:  Anyone
> have a laptop they love?  Maybe something I can find on Ebay for
> less than $800?

Sorry to crush your dreams :-)
That said, I fear I'm going to have to open it again; I
could potentially take pictures of each step and put that up
somewhere if that can be of any help. (Who knows, maybe that
way I'd manage to put all the screws back in).

> Do you mean a security torx driver?  The star pattern with the pin in
> the center?  http://www.wihatools.com/images/Bits/701endpix150.jpg
> Or something else?  I've got security torx bits.  I keep them with my
> bolt cutter...

That's the one. Funny that, I now realise that I never
actually saw the name written, and that in my native
language 'torx' is always preceded by a word finishing by
's', hence my understanding the spelling wrong.

> > I hear Apple laptops are *extremely* resistant... hmm.
> That's what my wife keeps bringing up.  Expensive.

Actually, the small 12" one is really quite cheap...
Besides, it looks like we'd be comparing a Toshiba that
you'll throw away in a year, and an Apple that your children
will give to their grand-children.. and it runs Debian too ;)

Y.