Is laptop_mode experimental?

Thanks to those who helped me getting it work. Now that it's working though it's causing me problems afterwards.

When I read the laptop_mode.txt file in the kernel source I didn't get the feeling it was experimental. I'm using 2.6.7. But everytime I use the script I have to manually fsck my ext3 root partition back to health. (And since then I haven't been able to use kde-- but it could be related). Is it considered experimental? (If it is I wish they would have made it more clear).

(PS Sorry if replies aren't formatted correctly but I'm using groups.google.com because debian-laptop mail is no longer coming to my inbox even though I'm subscribed).

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com