cardbus identification info

Hi!

I have a Debian Sarge on a Dell Inspiron 8100. PCMCIA base packages are
installed, no pcmcia drivers, since I use kernel 2.6.7. Cardbus support is in
the kernel, yenta module is loaded fine.

My problem is that I bought a Maxxtro Fast ethernet adapter, which claims to
be Linux compatible. It is recognized that I inserted a card in the socket,
lspci finds it as RTL8139 ethernet adapter (correct).

But cardmgr does not recognize it, and if I issue the command cardctl ident or
cardctl info, it says that there is no info about the inserted card (vendor,
etc). I read PCMCIA howto, and googled a bit, but I didn't find anything about
this thing. Maybe the reason is very simple :)

My other problem is that I'm not sure which module to use from kernel 2.6. In
kernel 2.4 it is supported by the 8139too module, but I don't really want to
downgrade.

Thanks,