Re: Problems with USB in my Acer Travelmate

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 01:57:38AM -0700, Aitor Garcia wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I have reconfigured my kernel 2.4.26 using ACPI
> support.
[...]
> #
> # USB Serial Converter support
> #
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_DEBUG=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_GENERIC=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_BELKIN=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_WHITEHEAT=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_DIGI_ACCELEPORT=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_EMPEG=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_FTDI_SIO=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_VISOR=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_IPAQ=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_EDGEPORT=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_EDGEPORT_TI=y
> # CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_KEYSPAN is not set
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_MCT_U232=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_KLSI=y
> CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_PL2303=y
[...]

do you really need all those modules compiled-in? (I snipped more
probably usless options you compiled-in)

If you're not sure which options you need in your kernel I'd suggest to
try to use the debian kernel binary packages. It's much more modular.

[...]
> And this is my dmesg output.

please, next time don't wrap the dmesg output also, it's almost
unreadable...

[...]
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKA] (IRQs 10)
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKB] (IRQs 10)
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKC] (IRQs 10)
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKD] (IRQs 10)
[...]
> hub.c: new USB device 00:1d.0-1, assigned address 2
> hiddev0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [KYE Wireless Webscroll+
> NBEye] on usb1:2.0
[...]
> Everything seems to be OK but I cannot make my mouse
> work.

what kind of mouse? is it the one in the logs above?

> To check that the mouse is working I make a
> cat /dev/input/mice, but it complains that there
> is not such device.
> If I type ls -l /dev/input/mice I get
> crw-r--r--    1 root     root      13,  63 Jun 22 09:53 /dev/input/mice
>
> Any ideas what's happening ?

did you try also `cat /proc/bus/input/devices`? does it appear there?

PS: don't Cc me, I'm subscribed to the list so I already read your
messages :)
--
mattia
:wq!