Re: Installing stable on Averatec 3200

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 08:53:09AM -0400, William Hawkes wrote:
> I have installed stable on an Averatec 3200.  One problem I have is when
> booting, the display seems to have to many lines.   Can anyone let me
> know how to configure the default text display?

I hope to understand the problem, I guess you can't see
the login prompt immediately after startup is complete.
If this is the case it might help:

- to disable framebuffer, e.g. using a boot option like
  vga=normal or try to configure with another resolution
- as a workaround often it is possible to switch to a second console
  e.g. <ALT>+<F2> , because this effect is often only related
  to the first console
- if none of the above helps, you may try to run a start-up-script,
  shortly before the login prompt appears,
  which contains the `clear', `resize' or `reset' command

  Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86