Irc 9: nobody cared! Disabling IRQ #9 (Pcmcia + 2.6.4)

Hello,

This isn't strictly debian, but I'm trying to bootstrap debian, so
I'm hoping for your interest anyway. =)

I'm trying to get a pcmcia nic[0] up on an laptop (Supra 5026[1])
but it's not cooperating. With knoppix (kernel 2.4.24?) all I
got was "PCI: device 7f:00.0 has unknown header type 7f, ignoring."
With kernel 2.6.4 I got a lot further. Now It actually recognices
the pcmcia card as a "ADMtek Comet rev 17 at 0x4000, ... IRQ 9"

And here's where the problems arise: Just before the card is
identified, i see a strange message in the dmesg log:

 Yenta: Cardbus bridge found at 0000:00:17.0 [0000:0000]
 irq 9: nobody cared!
 Call Trace [<c010b9af>] ...
 Disabling IRQ 9#

Unfortunately the call trace is all numbers and I dont know how
to make it output into anything sensible. After this the card seems
to be there (ifconfig displays it) and I can set up networking and
ping my own ip number, but not anything on the net. Could it be that
the card doesn't listen to any interrupts even though the driver is
there?

Well, anyhow. How do I fix this? Any nudge in the right direction
would be great!

[0] http://www.sunsway.com.hk/products/cb-lan100.html
[1] Ancient P166, no manual, company absent from the internet.

--
Fredrik Jonson