Re: woody-installation on Amilo-EL - Problem with Ethernet (sis900)

First of all thx for your help,
this is just to archive the solution for other users who maybe search here for the
same problem.

After a little more searching in the internet i figured the
following out:
the problem is created by a combination of kernels prior to 2.4.20 and
a sis900 revision later than 90

actually woody uses 2.2.20 or in bf24 a version of 2.4.18 which both is prior to a bug fix in the module code which is needed for later revisions of the card
(in my Amilo-EL is a revision 91 built-in)

to fix this problem simply build a custom kernel 2.4.20 or later with the
appropriate module and it should work.

Alexander May wrote:

Hi!

over the weekend I tried quiet often to install woody on my Amilo-EL but I
found no way to get the Ethernetdevice to work during the installation.

Using the standart 2.2 Kernel the module was not loadable with no options
and using the 2.4 Kernel I could neither find a correspondig module nor
did the network work without any module.

Can anybody help me with this??

THX
Alexander

PS:
I'm quite familiar with different Linux distributions but this is my first step to
debian