ide CD Bruner

Does anybody know if cdrecord recently supports ide burning ?

I look for a *bootable* CD rw that is supported by linux ide burning ... any
model hints ?

I've exchanged the original cd with a teac W 24E CD rw, and now the lap
doesn't boot no more from cd. Is this a well-known effect ? It's an Dell
Inspiron 5000 manufactured around 1999/2000, BIOS A08.

--

                                    mi <mrl>