DVDs reproduction a little slow in Clevo laptop

Hi!
I have a Clevo (or Clevo-like, I not sure) laptop since two weeks ago, same
time that I'm a happy  Debian user (unstable dist.). Almost everythink works
fine (appart from battery indicator and easy launch keys), but the
reproduction of DVDs is not very good, being a little "slow" (as if the image
was frozen for a little, very litlle indeed).

I have plenty of memory and a fast processor, so I don't think that the
problem :). Anyway, I've noticed that the process associated to the DVD
player (xine, ogle, etc...) does use a low porcentage of the total system
memory. I've tried to run the players as root and happens the same.

Any ideas? :)

Regards,

Sara