ACPI on Compaq Presario 1400

Hi all,

Does anybody here succeed in installing ACPI on Compaq Presario 1400?
I recompiled 2.4.20 kernel with ACPI included (not as a module), and it seems
that ACPI is recognized, but Laptop Battery in KDE gives me the following
message:

Your computer seems to have a partial ACPI installation. ACPI was probably
enabled, but some of the sub-options were not - you need to enable at least
'AC Adaptor' and 'Control Method Battery' and then rebuild your kernel.

I'm sure that I have enabled those adaptor and control method.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,
flubie

--
This email was written using KMail on Debian GNU/Linux