Re: md5400 Network Problem

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:05:01PM +0100, Kowalski Boris wrote:
> Hello,
> i have a problem on my Notebook. It has an internal Networkcard that works
> under knoppix, when i disable apic and apm. When i now try to use the Card
> on my debian woody installation the NIC doesnt work.
> I disable apic apm and/or acpi but it doesnt work. On bootup there are
> messages that there are 3 devices that would have irq9 where the netcard is.
> could that be the problem and when how could i fix that?
> The Device is up and configured correkt (ip and so on) but pings dont
> work... all network operations dont work.
> thx for answer

If it's pcmcia based, the fille to tell it to not try some interrupts
is /etc/pcmcia/config.opts

If it's not, then you may need to set options for the kernel module -
esp on an older system where it may be effectively an ISA card.

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...
                * Starshine Technical Services -*- 800 938 4078