Re: DEBIAN and u.s. robotics 2210 pcmcia wlan card ?!?

Andrew McMillan wrote on Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 11:30:26PM +1300:
> On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 20:22, Andreas Beder wrote:
> >  Hi @ll ..
> > i search someone there have a little bit
> > experience to configure a u.s. robotics pcmica wlan card (2210) 22 mb/sec
> >  every help are welcome ... :D
>
> A search of the USR site suggests that the US Robotics 2210 will not
> work under Linux - the word doesn't feature on the USR site at all, and
> the card is listed as requiring WinXXXX to run.
>
> Does Linux recognise it at all when you plug it in?  What does the tail
> end of 'dmesg' say after you have plugged it it?
>
> I have had best luck with cards based on the Intersil Prism chipset.
>
> If you are looking at purchasing a card, it appears that the latest
> Netgear MA401 and D-Link DWL-650 also now use chipsets that don't
> support Linux :-(
>
> I am in the process of buying a new LinkSys card, which does have Linux
> support (Prism chipset again).

All new 22Mbit-capable cards use the Texas Instruments ACX-100 chipset.
D-Link TechSupport writes, that they are working on drivers for it,
but no release date is given.

Some weeks ago I purchased a Netgear MA401 (because it's cheap :),
which has a Prism chipset and works well.

Regards,
Ansgar Hellwig