Re: Handling wired and wireless interfaces

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 04:59:17PM +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> I am interested too ;-)
>
> Martin Skøtt wrote:
> >Raju,
> >
> >I use ifplugd on my laptop and it works just great. Just install the
> >package and remove the auto eth0 line from your interfaces file since
> >ifplugd now configures the interface when a cable is plugged in.
>
> do you have both a wired connection (eth0) _and_ a wireless connection
> (wlan0) ?

Yes, eth0 is built into my Thinkpad an eth1 (and wifi0) is a Cisco
Aironet 350 PCMCIA card.
Before I started using ifplugd I had to wait for DHCP to time out
before my machine would continue booting. Now eth0 isn't brought up
before ifplugd detects a link on eth0.

--
Med venlig hilsen
Martin Skøtt