woody hang when installed on twinhead efio 2412 notebook

Hallo all,

I tried to install Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r1 on a notebook
(Twinhead efio 2412).
Booting from CDROM, I choosed kernel bf24 video=vga16:off,
but it frezeed when detecting SiS900 PCI Fast Ethernet,
with the message on display:

sis900.c: v1.08.02 11/30/2001
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 00:01.1
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 00:01.6
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 00:03.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 00:0a.0
eth0: ICS LAN PHY transceiver found at address 1.
eth0: Using transceiver found at address 1 as default
eth0: SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet at 0x1000, IRQ 11, 00:40:45:10:ca:fa.
-
then it frezee/hang like this.

When I checked my Windows installation:
SiS 900 configurations are:
I/O Range: D000 - D0FF
Memory Range: DFFC0000 - DFFC0FFF
IRQ: 11

so I tried to boot the kernel with parameter:
bf24 video=vga16:off ether=11,0xd000,eth0
it boot exactly with the same messages as above except
the SiS 900 was found at 0xd000, and then freeze.

I tried to boot KNOPPIX 3.2 without scsi driver,
it work fine, so I think may be there is something
wrong with the kernel or sis900 driver.

Had anyone ever tried to install Debian 3.0r1
on Twinhead efio 2412 notebook before using kernel bf24?
I want to use kernel bf24 since its support
for ext3 journaling file system and usb (I use usb mass storage).
Could anybody help me?

Regards

sunzaifa@phimega.com