Re: kernel 2.6-test7 and synaptic touchpad mouse on debian-unstable

Andrea Magatti wrote:

I've upgraded my laptop, running unstable,to kernel 2.6-test7, using debian-way (apt-get etc...), and now i'm not able anymore to use the synaptic toucpad, delivered with HP Omnibook vt6200. Now i'm just using my external USB mouse, but when i'm travelling i need the touchpad.

I think this is a module problem, but due to the module renaming occured in 2.6 kernel, i just can't troubleshoot this.
The Synaptics driver isn't in the "psaux" driver anymore. It's in "psmouse".

Just do a "modprobe psmouse" to see if it works for you. If so, then you should be able to put psmouse in your /etc/modules.

- Joe