Re: Debian for AMD Athlon

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 02:19, als1140@cs.rit.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I needed to know whether I will be able to get Linux to run with my AMD
> Athlon processor for my laptop. If so, which architecture-port should I
> download, from the debian site.
>
> Thanks.

For most stuff its i386. Kernel and some programs (mplayer for example)
are available compile specifically for athelon, so you need the k7
variant in this case (it will be under the i386 directory, you'll see
the variant in the package name).
I'm running an athelon 1.3 on my laptop quite nicely (if the rest of the
laptop would bother to work as well as the cpu ;-) no sony next time).
--
Micha Feigin
michf@math.tau.ac.il