Creating a linux cd bootdisk

Hi, Normally before I just use the dd if=kernel of=/floppy bs=1k   to
create a boot floppy.
now I have a laptop which has no floppy or cdrw, it does have a cdrom
and can boot from cdrom however.  So is there a way I can copy the
kernel image to another computer with cdrw and create a cd bootdisk for
the laptop from the other computer ?  If so, how ?

I use Debian, can I just use the Debian default's CD's to boot ?  I
never tried to
boot using that way.

TIA

tvn

ThanhVu H. Nguyen
Email: thanhvunguyen@psu.edu
Webpage: http://www.personal.psu.edu/txn131/

Don't patch bad code - rewrite it.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)