Re: Sound on a ThinkPad 560X - SOLVED

Paul,

That was the crucial information.  I'm not sure which was the problem, but my
/etc/modules had 'char-major-14 soundcore' and I had no mixer installed.
Normally I just use the tools KDE supplies but I don't have X installed on
this machine so I'm really roughing it.  So I fixed '/etc/modules' and I
installed 'rexima' -- which is a nice ncurses mixer -- and voila', sound.

As for the sound quality, well I don't intend to use the internal speakers
anyway.

Thanks.
Tom