Thinkpad 600X - worth to buy it for Debian?

Hi,

currently I have a really good offer of an used IBM Thinkpad 600X and now
I'm thinking about to buy for installing and getting involved into Debian
linux. Maybe later as a development workstation for my projects.

Do you think it is worth to buy it? Is it difficult to get the TP running
with Linux like as a normal workstation? I mean X configuration and so on.
I'm currently not really familiar with Debian, but that's the reason why I
want to buy this laptop, I want really to know how to handle Debian. I'm
getting somehow rid of SuSE ...

Regards, Thomas