Re: usb Adsl modem for debian under biege g3

It's very hard to make USB DSL modems work under linux generally...
why don't you try an ethernet DSL modem... you  don't nedd any extra
drivers for it!!!

just a tip to save you from too much work :-)

Andreas-Evangelos Mueller

Micha Feigin schrieb:

I was thinking of connecting to adsl, and got a choice of the folowing
two modems, both usb, and I was wondering if they work under a beige G3
mac running debian.
I'll also need to install a usb card so if there is any trouble with
these also?

The modems:

alcatel speedtouch usb adsl modem
USB askey ale070 (I think the full name is Dynalink ALE070 USB ADSL
Modem)

didn't hear about the second one but it would be free so that an advantage.