Re: after disassembled DELL notebook ...

Moin moin,

> working fine execpt that the console is not longer full screen size. X, the
> BIOS and even Windows is running in full resolution, only the console is
> very tiny (640x480).

try pressing "Fn+Font" to scale the display to fullscreen. On my I81k "Font"
is assigned to F7, so it's "Fn+F7".

Other interesting key combos (quoted):

         fn+z    cause bios to reread thermal sensors
		 (Fn+Y on German keyboards)
         fn+d    blank screen
         fn+h    put hard disk to sleep
         fn+a    suspend to disk

There is also: Fn+# which toggles system speed but seems to have minimal
effects on the powerdrain when running on batteries.

Regards,
  Frank
 Frank Trenkamp                            ftrenkam at uos.de
 PGP fprt: 5A0C 4AE9 74A5 51F0 2D34  E7DC 67FF 32C4 0357 5653