Re: OT: ACPI and Kernel 2.4.20

> With Kernel 2.4.19 and the ACPI-Patch, my notebook's battery is
> recognized and I can read out the time remaining.
>
> With Kernel 2.4.20 and the latest ACPI-Patch, the battery seems to be
> recognized at boot time:
> 	ACPI: Battery socket found, battery present
> 	ACPI: Battery socket found, battery absent
> but a "cat /proc/acpi/battery/0/status" gives:
> 	Present: no
> with /battery/0/ as the only available battery.
>
> I know this is a non-debian question, but I would be thankful for any
> hint what to do now. Sticking with 2.4.19 is not an option because the
> old EEPro100-driver randomly freezes the system.

As a non-debian guy, I'll be glad to answer ;)

I checked on my system and the ACPI battery info is OK with both 2.4.19
and 2.4.20 (Sony Vaio PCG-GR214EP). I'd suggest you take your chance
with the acpi mailing list:
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=36832

Another thing you should know is that the Intel "e100" driver is
available as a "stand-alone" module.
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/File_Filter.asp?FileName=e100
So you can stick to 2.4.19 for a while if you need.

Hope it helps :)

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/