OT: ACPI and Kernel 2.4.20

Hi all,

maybe someone could help me with the following problem:

With Kernel 2.4.19 and the ACPI-Patch, my notebook's battery is
recognized and I can read out the time remaining.

With Kernel 2.4.20 and the latest ACPI-Patch, the battery seems to be
recognized at boot time:
	ACPI: Battery socket found, battery present
	ACPI: Battery socket found, battery absent
but a "cat /proc/acpi/battery/0/status" gives:
	Present: no
with /battery/0/ as the only available battery.

I know this is a non-debian question, but I would be thankful for any
hint what to do now. Sticking with 2.4.19 is not an option because the
old EEPro100-driver randomly freezes the system.

--
Herzliche Grüße / kind regards
Stefan Rotsch