Re: dual head on ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY

Hi Jarret,

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 14:19, Jarrett Lee wrote:
> So what is happening in Windows is happening in X as well?  That is one
> thing I was wondering about.  I hope to attempt to try dual displays in
> Linux one day soon.  I just haven't had the chance.  But what about the
> little random lock ups in X Windows, have you run into those.  The seem
> to be worse in Gnome, but are still there in KDE.

I'm not sure, if I've understood you correct.  Do you want to say, that you
experience the same problems under Windows? For me, it works just fine with
the pre-installed WinXP. But I don't want to use that...

Apart from the problems described in this thread, XFree86 4.2.1 works really
well on my laptop. In single head mode, I don't experience any lock ups. In
dual head, I have found a reproducable one, when using kdm with screens of
different dimensions, which does not occur when using equal dimensions for
both screens. I'm running KDE 2.2 (as shipped with woody) and hope, that this
will be fixed in KDE 3.0.

for this ugly workaround of not connecting the crt at boot-time! :)

ciao Sebastian