Re: dual head on ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY

Hi,

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 03:37, Craig Witherspoon wrote:
> Mostly you just need to explain things to X
>
> Try adding these sections to your /etc/XF86Config-4:
[snip]
> You should be able to figure it out from here. 	Notice that both "Device"
> Sections have the same BusID, and remember to tell the server where the
> screens are in relation to each other. Everything is case sensitive.

thanks for your quick respose, Craig. I've set things up, the way you
described, but unfortunately, it did not work. What does work is that X seems
to run in xinerama mode with two screens: I only see half of this screen on
my external monitor, but my laptop's LCD display stays black. I can move
windows and the mouse out of my crt, but they don't appear on the LCD. Of
course, I've tried to cycle through the different modes, with the special
"display key combination" of my ThinkPad, but I only get working one of my
screens, or both of them showing exactly the same. :(

The logs show, that X sets up two devices and even detects both screens. It
even gets the manufacture names of the crt and the LCD. But it seems to
"forget" to activate the LCD? Does anybody have an idea, how to solve this?
I've the feeling, that I'm very close...

ciao Sebastian

--
Sebastian Kanthak        |        sebastian.kanthak@muehlheim.de