Re: sony vaio, model PCG-R505EL, can't recognize cdrom during install

Werner,

I've a 505TX, with FreeBSD and Windows 98. I've found the Sony CD useless,
and I'm sure that at several points in the past three years I've tried to
install from a Rh or SUSE or ... or Debian CD, without success.

My suggestion (which I'll have to follow since my IBM T21 has a flaky CD),
is to install from floppies. I already know how to do this for FreeBSD, it
will be a learning experience for Debian.

Live and learn,
Eric