USB2 PCMCIA Card

Hi folks!

I just got my old stationary pc sold, for my new (brought second hand)
laptop. Now, this is the case, I need as much information regarding
this, from you people - as possible.

The computer is a Compaq Armada 110 laptop
( http://fake.by-infonet.de/laptop/ )

My problem is regarding USB...

The computer has two built in USB1 devices, in wich one the mouse is
conneted, and it works very well. Of course, the computer also has a
touchpad, as ps/2, and it works simultanously with the external mouse
whenever I want.

Now, in this computer, I have inserted a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card, to use
with a CD-WRITER. I keep this theoretical: I do not yet own a usb2
cd-writer, but I will, just in any day now. Now, I have heard of PCMCIA
support under Linux, and also about USB2, but has anyone any experience
of this?

The CD-writer I am going to get is of course usb1 compatible, so I can
stick with that in the meantime searching this information.

Any suggestions?
Hints, tips, whatever?

Ask for more info, if needed.

Regards!