Re: Multiple users (perhaps OT)

Ivar Alm <octo@acc.umu.se> writes:
> I want to allow more than one user to connect to the X server.
> The thing is that we are two people using my machine regularly at
> home, me and my girlfriend. I would like to log in as myself, start X
> and still have the possibility for her to su to her user and launch X
> programs.

So when you're done using the machine, log out and let her log in.
Or, alternatively, hit Ctrl+Alt+F1 to get a console window, have her
log in there, and run 'startx -- :1' to get a second X session.  The X
security model really isn't friendly with multiple people using the
same display at the same time.

	-- Abra Mitchell