Multiple users (perhaps OT)

Hi all.

I have a question that migh be OT. Doesn't have to do with laptops
specifically.
I want to allow more than one user to connect to the X server.
The thing is that we are two people using my machine regularly at
home, me and my girlfriend. I would like to log in as myself, start X
and still have the possibility for her to su to her user and launch X
programs.
At the moment, the X server doesn't allow any other than the user who
started X to start X applications. And if she wants to write texts and
save to her user, we need to restart X, or she needs to work in a
terminal.
Can I authorize other users (not remotely?) logged in to start X
applications?

//Ivar