Re: Battery Life

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 05:01:35PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:
> > I run ext3, but I still seem to get the full two hours or more of battery
> > life.
>
> Try mounting your disks as ext2 and run noflushd and see if your
> batteries last three hours? ;)

They may well run longer with finer tweaking of the settings :)

My main point is that the journalling filesystem isn't a *huge* strain on
power resources (even if you can do even better with just ext2).

And the advantage of journalling is fantastic. The number of times I've
pulled the power cord out, mistakenly thinking the battery was in place...
(I typically remove the battery when on AC, to sustain battery life)

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://people.debian.org/~dparsons/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A