Re: Battery Life

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Derek Gladding wrote:

> Have you got your kernel compiled to "make CPU Idle calls when Idle ?"
>
> Are you running a journalling FS (ext3 etc) which will stop your HD from
> ever spinning down ?

Just an observation: I don't bother spinning my HD down and on the
odd occasion when I've forgotten to turn on the power at the socket
(d'oh) I've managed to scrape nearly 6 hours of life (light editing
and web browsing) out of my A20p, which iirc is significantly longer
than the manual says I should expect, so I don't think HD spin is
_that_ much of a drain. It may be more of an issue with a journalling
fs, though.