Re: Toshiba 2805-S302 Woody

I say "Particularly on a Laptop" because laptops are the most likely
computers to be hard rebooted (i.e. running out of battery power), and
because of this you definitely want a journaled file system to minimize
data loss and fs corruption, and I've found XFS to be the most robust
and least prone to data loss.  Also laptops tend to be turned on and off
more than desktops, and if you use a journaled fs, in the case of a
improper shutdown, you only have to restore the journal the next time
the computer boots, instead of checking the entire drive, cutting down
on boot times.
--Alex