Re: Another guide for a diskless installation?

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 05:19:13PM -0400, debian.org@lkv.mailshell.com wrote:
> I'm also looking to convert this laptop into a basic Internet surfing machine.
>  What *lightweight* browsers can I use?  I also define weight to be total
> weight, including any desktop GUIs that I'll need to install.  I've heard of
> Galeon and Skipstone, and I think at least of of them needs GNOME (I was also
> originally thinking about using XFree86).

Depending on how "lightweight" lightweight is, but in my
opinion Galeon is certainly not. You will need Gnome, and
then the executable takes up more than 40Mb of RAM. Happens
to be about as much ram as I have on this laptop, in fact...
which is a shame because I like Galeon otherwise.

HTH
/Y