ACPI battery monitor for Gnome...

I've tried using the standard battery monitor for Gnome, but it reports the current battery status and then immediately dies and has to be reloaded. I did configure it for ACPI. The other (battstat-applet) constantly fluctuates between reporting the current chage and 0%, at which point it throws up a dialog that's annoying.

Is there a decent, working battery monitor for ACPI-enabled kernels? I'm using 2.4.18 kernel now.
--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@databasix.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp <http://welcome.to/mcpierce>