Re: Debian doesn't boot in Compaq Presario

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Dr. Aldo Medina wrote:

> In my Compaq Presario 700 (working fine with Woody and Linux 2.2.19) I
> tried Linux 2.4.18 without success (I need it for ACPI support).
> However, if I enable ACPI in the kernel, my laptop locks after enabling
> ACPI at boot time.

Hi there.
I think that with our presario 700 you can't do much with APM (it's got
nothing APM apparently) or with BIOS as it's useless. However, ACPI does
work all right on mine with kernel 2.4.18 and various patches
applied. Check out Marc's website about it, you can download all his
config files and all the patches from there:

http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~berensch/compaq.html

Good luck
	Ale