Re: Debian doesn't boot in Compaq Presario

kyle wrote:

> El vie, 31-05-2002 a las 22:38, Dr. Aldo Medina escribió:
> > In my Compaq Presario 700 (working fine with Woody and Linux 2.2.19) I
> > tried Linux 2.4.18 without success (I need it for ACPI support).
> > However, if I enable ACPI in the kernel, my laptop locks after enabling
> > ACPI at boot time.
> >
> > Any ideas? :-(
> >

> check your BIOS settings.
>
> What features have you enabled in kernel config?
>
> You should say "Y" to "Embedded controler" in ACPI Bus Manager :
>
> CONFIG_ACPI_EC:
>
> This driver is required on some systems for the proper operation of
> the battery and thermal drivers.  If you are compiling for a laptop,
> say Y.
>
> (posting here the acpi /usr/src/linux/.config related part could be
> rather helpful...)

I tried two schemes: saying Y to anything ACPI related, and using "y"
only in CONFIG_ACPI with the rest not set. Same results.
My laptop uses a Phoenix BIOS, so I don't see anything related to ACPI
there. :-(

--
Linux User #98419         -o)    | Creativity is great, but plagiarism
http://counter.li.org      /\    | is faster!