Re: Notebook doesn't wake up from standby

On Apr 05, Riccardo Gusso wrote:

> If I put it in standby with 'apm -S' then I can't wake up in any way, nor I
> can't reach it from my local network by telnet or ssh. Did I miss something
> when I compiled the kernel 2.4.18 I am using or is there something wrong
> somewhere else? Btw, I know that my bios is fully acpi compliant, even if I
> don't know what does this exactly means, so  I installed acpid, but I don't
> exactly understand what are its relations with apm.

this is not an ACPI issue, whats wrong is that your BIOS (probably) has not
been set up to 'wake up' on certain interrupt requests.  What you need to do
is go to your BIOS setup screen and tell the laptop to wake up on a
keyboard/mouse/etc signal and see if that helps.  Another issue may be that
you will need to compile a kernel which interrupts enables during BIOS calls,
however I reserve my right to be wrong on that one ;)

have fun, questions to the normal e-mail address :)

Alex

/ You have all eternity to be cautious in \
| when you're dead.                       |
\ -- Lois Platford                        /
        \   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||